GMA, the trade association of food, beverage and consumer product companies, is currently seeking candidates for Manager, Social Media Engagement to join our growing Strategic Communications department.
Our new Social Media Engagement Manager will use social platforms to engage with social communities on GMA initiatives, activities and public policy positions. You will work with colleagues to create relevant and timely content to share with online communities and to push back on wrong or misinterpreted information. In addition, you will collect and understand social analytics to inform GMA’s decisions about online content and online interest.
The Manager, Social Media Engagement is accountable for these duties:
• Monitor mentions and conversations related to GMA and its areas of interest to identify trends, hot topics and opportunities for engagement with online communities.
• Work with the head of Strategic Communications to identify GMA employees who you will train to increase their ability to engage with GMA’s online community.
• Prepare periodic reports about relevant trends in conversation volume on a quantitative and qualitative level that will inform decisions about engagement and content creation.
• Create blog posts, tweets, info graphics and visual posts (video and photo) for social channels.
• Engage with the public on GMA social platforms to answer questions and address issues.